This role is a fantastic opportunity to gain real hands-on experience in radio broadcasting and would make an ideal university placement!
Ensure the station's on air sound meets programming objectives and listener demographics
Ensure the programming for all show timings is accurately maintained
Be creative and produce content relevant to the station's demographics
Support the Programme Controller
Assist presenters in using the studios and play out systems
- Ensure the programming for each show is precisely timed through Zetta and plays out accordingly
- Run reports to make sure shows are broadcast as programmed, identifying any necessary remedial action
- Act as the first point of contact for Zetta, GSelector and Airwaves regarding technical issues
- Assist in modifying clocks in GSelector in response to scheduling requirements
- Assist in the recommendation, sourcing and loading of music and content for all playlists
- Work closely with Breakfast and Drive presenters, and assist in setting up shows in programming and production
- Assist producers with creating content, bidding for interviews, scheduling social media and creating a show that targets our key demographic
- Work with presenters to ensure the Vibe 107.6 FM sound is consistently delivered
- Assist in the delivery of outside broadcasts or events in which Vibe 107.6 FM is involved
- Upload adverts to Zetta
- Schedule adverts and run reports in Airwaves
You should have experience of using playout software and of broadcasting at some level, as well as some specialist knowledge of theory and the practice of broadcasting. Ideally you will have an understanding of, or live locally to, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans and South West Herts. With regards to qualifications, you must have at least 5 GCSE's or equivalent.
Please note that as a not-for-profit station, our roles are voluntary. You must be over 18 years of age to apply and live in Hertfordshire or one of the surrounding boroughs.
(Vibe 107.6 FM is located less than 5 minutes walk from Watford Junction station and within walking distance (approx. 20 minutes) from Watford Metropolitan tube station. Unfortunately there is no on-site parking available but there are a number of public car parks within 5/10 minutes walk).
So if you would like to be considered as our new Production/Programming Assistant, please email your CV and a cover letter detailing why you would be a perfect fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 21st April 2019.