Voting is now open for the annual awards run by Watford Business Improvement District (BID).
The awards recognise businesses in Watford town centre for their exceptional customer and client service, and you can vote online now! Alternatively, visit your favourite town centre businesses and complete a voting card. Voting closes at midnight on Friday 11th January 2019.
Winners will be decided based on the collective results of the public vote, an independent mystery shopping visit and customer interviews for retailers and banks. The winners will be announced at a black-tie awards ceremony at the Watford Colosseum on Tuesday 12th February 2019.
The Service Excellence Awards cover 15 categories across the main business sectors operating in the town centre area.
Categories and finalists for 2019 are:
- Arts & Entertainment: Rifco Theatre Company, Watford Colosseum, Watford Palace Theatre
- Bank: Metro Bank, NatWest
- Bar: Faborjé, Steinbeck and Shaw, The Colombia Press, Walkabout
- Coffee Shop & Takeaways: Krispy Kreme, Ocean Bells Coffee company, The Place to Eat at John Lewis
- Community & Voluntary: British Polio Fellowship, Home-Start Watford and Three Rivers, Peace Hospice Care
- Consumer Services: Flight Centre, Jurys Inn, No 1 Currency, Paddy Power Bookmakers
- Estate Agent: Dey King & Haria, Warren Anthony Estate Agents
- Fitness & Leisure: Everyone Active, Fitness4Less, YMCA Watford gym
- Nightclub: Pryzm, Reflex
- Professional Services: ArtiCAD, Office Angels, Smart-Cover Insurance, Sugarman Health and Wellbeing
- Pub: Bosleys, Molloys, The One Crown, The Moon Under Water
- Restaurant: Barracuda, Bill’s, Byblos Bay, Middletons Steakhouse & Grill, Wagamama, Zizzi
- Retailer (Independent): Fancy Dress Castle & Castle Balloons, G Gibson Butchers, Shoe Care, Situls Gifts, The End
- Retailer (National - large): Debenhams, John Lewis & Partners, Primark, Sainsbury’s
- Retailer (National - small): Hotel Chocolat, Lakeland, Lush, Thomas Sabo, Waterstones
Representatives from Homestart, one of the finalists in the Community & Voluntary category
Awards will also be presented for an Excellent Employee and for Security and Door Staff who have been nominated by their employers for excellent customer service.
Vibe 107.6 FM are proud to be media partners for the Watford BID Service Excellence Awards and will be presenting the award to the winner of the Restaurant category .
The awards are sponsored by headline sponsors Murrill Construction, as well as Aspect Property Group, We Are Acuity, Berkeley Homes and Project Centre.
Go online for further information about the Watford BID Service Excellence Awards 2019.
(Source: Watford BID)